Hosting Terms & Conditions
1.1 Go Digital Media is a member of the Internet Service Providers’ Association (ISPA). We abide by and uphold the ISPA Code of Conduct.
1.2. We provide space on shared Servers and hosting of Customer Servers, together with web services and email facilities for web sites controlled by individuals or companies that do not have their own web servers.
1.3. We will only be required to give you the Server type and configuration that is advertised at the time you decide to obtain the Service from us. If you are an existing Customer and you wish to upgrade to a new hosting package, additional fees will be incurred.
1.4. cPanel and WHM Access will only be granted to the primary account holder, and login details will only be given to the account holder via primary e-mail address. No additional user will be allowed access.
2.1. We have no knowledge of, nor interest in Customer content hosted on your behalf by Go Digital Media on a Server or a shared hosting package. We also do not in any way contribute to or approve the content.
2.2. Nothing that we do in the performance of our obligations under the Service will be seen as an assumption of responsibility or liability by us as a result of any content
2.3. We will make a package available on a Server, where the Server is shared with other Customers. The Server will (at all times) remain our property. We will setup the Server according to our standard managed hosting Server configuration, at the Location on your behalf.
2.4. Where appropriate, we will maintain the software on our managed Servers.
2.5. You are solely responsible for all bandwidth and traffic related to your hosting package. This includes regularly monitoring usage through cPanel. You will be liable for any over-usage charges. Any traffic management and reporting tools we give you are given solely to assist you in this process.
2.6. We are not responsible for any licensing of any software you use.
Managed Dedicated/Cloud Hosting
3.1. We will make a Server available to you for your own exclusive use. The Server will at all times remain Go Digital Media’s property. We will setup and manage the Server at the Location on your behalf.
3.2. All Server log files remain Go Digital Media’s property. If you ask us to give you a server log file, we will give you a copy of the relevant log file.
3.3. We will manage the Server, including the hardware, software, and upgrades at our sole discretion.
3.4. If the Server becomes the target or source of any form of denial of service attack and Go Digital Media believes that there is no other possible solution at that point in time, we may disconnect the Server from the network.
3.5. We are not responsible for any licensing of any software you use.
Managed Hosting (Shared and Dedicated), Service Availability, Service Level Guarantee and Network Uptime Guarantee
4.1. We guarantee that our network will be available 99% of the time in any given month, excluding scheduled maintenance. This means that you should not experience network downtime of more than 12 hours in any month counted from the first day of every month.
4.2. Network uptime includes functioning of all network infrastructure, including routers, switches, firewall, and cabling.
4.3. Network downtime exists when a Customer is unable to transmit and receive data to and from our Managed Service and is measured according to our monitoring system.
5.1. If network uptime is less than 99% (in other words downtime exceeds 12 hours in a given month), we will credit you 10% of the base monthly fee
5.2. You will not receive any credit:
- if there is a degradation of the Service outside our control;
- during scheduled maintenance windows;
- on the happening of a force major event;
- should a well formed DDoS attack target your server or hosting infrastructure;
- where the downtime is due to:
- Failure of access circuits to our network,
- Domain Name Server issues outside our direct control,
- DNS propagation,
- Negligent customer acts or omissions; or
- Outages elsewhere on the Internet that hinder access to your hosting services.
- We are also not responsible for browser or DNS caching that may make your website appear inaccessible when others can still access it.
Support and Service Level Guarantee
6.1. This guarantee only applies to Managed Hosting Customers. We will try to respond to and resolve all Managed server Problems that specifically relate to Server hardware within 2 hours of you reporting the problem to us over the phone.
6.2. If we do not Resolve (as defined below) the Managed server Problem within 2 hours or the extended period Go Digital Media may advise, we will give you a credit equal to one month’s worth of the base hosting fee.
6.3. You must also understand that Server restore time from a back-up depends on the volume of data to be retrieved, which could result in several hours downtime. In such a case, we are not obliged to give you a credit.
7.1. We will provide the following email related Services for Customers selecting shared or managed dedicated hosting only:
- Filtering of unsolicited commercial email (SPAM): This is done on a best effort basis, without any guarantees, using appropriate best of breed technologies (for example SpamAssassin which is the most widely used open source filtering software);
- Virus filtering: This is done on a best effort basis without any guarantees, using appropriate best of breed technologies (for example Clam that is a very popular open source solution).
- An SMTP (simple mail transfer protocol) server for the sending of outgoing mail;
- A POP3 (post office protocol) server for the downloading of incoming mail.
- IMAP (internet message across protocol) Server for the reading of mail.
7.2. We will take appropriate and reasonable measures to make your email environment secure and reliable.
7.3. We will:
- Do our best to support the setup and configuration and
- Not be held responsible if there is any incompatibility between our Systems and any other third party application.